posted to rec.boats.building
Bruce In Bangkok Bruce In Bangkok is offline

Default FS: Wooden Boat Magazine Back Issues

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 18:20:56 -0800, Brian Cleverly
wrote:

Bruce In Bangkok wrote:
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 16:58:50 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

Bruce In Bangkok wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 19:00:55 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

Here ya go...

Some detail pics of the swing around panel design.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~capri...mods.htm#panel
Is that a Garmin 12/120/128 I see there?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

No, it's a 182C.
It still works fine!
It has BlueCharts for US Lakes, and the Gulf Coast.

When I bought the current Garmin 128, that I have now, I had the
darnedest time. I usually get these kind of goodies in Singapore in a
small shop where I've been trading for years. This time all the guy
had were mini-chart plotters (or whatever you calls them). since I
don't find charts of the East Coast or Great lakes to be much use in
this area I had him locate what may be the last 128 sold in Asia for
me.
You can also buy the garmin hand held, that the joggers and bicycle
guys apparently use - with California charts :-) In Singapore ???

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Interesting Bruce.

I wonder if this guy sells the Garmin G-Chart chips separately ?
Specifically the mini g-charts... I have a 180 and am having a difficult
time finding the chart chips for the Nth Pacific, US west coast and nearby
areas.

Do you have any way I could contact him ?

Thanks,

Brian Cleverly (add an "le" after the "c" to reply direct).

Did some more checking and you can contact the shop I was referring to
at:

or
http://www.blazer.com.sg/

Everyone there speaks English so you should have no communications
problems.