posted to rec.boats.building
Bruce In Bangkok Bruce In Bangkok is offline

Default FS: Wooden Boat Magazine Back Issues

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 18:20:56 -0800, Brian Cleverly
wrote:

Bruce In Bangkok wrote:
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 16:58:50 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

Bruce In Bangkok wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 19:00:55 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

Here ya go...

Some detail pics of the swing around panel design.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~capri...mods.htm#panel
Is that a Garmin 12/120/128 I see there?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

No, it's a 182C.
It still works fine!
It has BlueCharts for US Lakes, and the Gulf Coast.

When I bought the current Garmin 128, that I have now, I had the
darnedest time. I usually get these kind of goodies in Singapore in a
small shop where I've been trading for years. This time all the guy
had were mini-chart plotters (or whatever you calls them). since I
don't find charts of the East Coast or Great lakes to be much use in
this area I had him locate what may be the last 128 sold in Asia for
me.
You can also buy the garmin hand held, that the joggers and bicycle
guys apparently use - with California charts :-) In Singapore ???

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Interesting Bruce.

I wonder if this guy sells the Garmin G-Chart chips separately ?
Specifically the mini g-charts... I have a 180 and am having a difficult
time finding the chart chips for the Nth Pacific, US west coast and nearby
areas.

Do you have any way I could contact him ?

Thanks,

Brian Cleverly (add an "le" after the "c" to reply direct).

I could direct you to his shop but have no idea whether he can be
contacted by electronic means. I can get a mate to drop by and ask but
it doesn't seem likely that a shop in Singapore would stock N.
American charts :-)

From observation they trade mainly in Singapore and Indonesia so I
assume that he would have chart chips for these two areas, or perhaps
regions, and probably order other areas from whatever source furnishes
them.

Just asking, but doesn't Garmin sell the chart chips separately?