posted to rec.boats.building
max camirand max camirand is offline

Default cheap yard near Seattle

Hi group,

I'm buying a boat in Seattle. I need to put it on the hard until
spring in order to do some renovations. Since the local yard here (at
Shilshole) is prohibitively expensive ($630/month to have the boat on
the hard), I'm looking to get the boat trucked to another yard near
here. Then, when I finish the renovations, I'll get it put back into
the water and sail away.

Criteria for the yard:
-Lift capable of putting my boat directly back into the water, without
trucking it. The boat is 42 ft and approx 20 000 lbs.
-Near as possible to Seattle. Can be in Canada.
-Electrical power
-Available showers and washrooms would be great

If anyone has a recommendation for a transport company, I would
appreciate it as well!

Best regards,
Maxime Camirand