Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default I hate to say it but there sure is a bunch of ignorance here concerning VHF antennas

wrote in message

That would be FAR superior to nothing! LOL

You could have also used it for quickly verifying that the radio was
not your problem.

Right - it's on my US shopping list...

Interestingly, and not surprisingly, my WHAM mike, which seemed to be
defective, now works just fine (with the suspect radio, now proven good,
connected to my helm antenna).

So, all that's left is the cable selection. Great source lead recently, and
I'm leaning very strongly to either 400 (stranded center, good for
flexibility), 213 (better moisture, great throughput, small for easy
handling) or 214 Mil (not so easy handling, but bulletproof). As I've said
all along, the price difference isn't really significant in the total scheme
of things.

Thanks for all the input in this (heh - Wilbur managed to start a good
thread! - Thanks, Wilbur!) and the anomalies thread.

Anyone else with significant info please chime in.

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)