Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default LORAN Still Worth The Trouble?

On Nov 28, 9:27*am, Michael Porter
I am sure the NOAA
vector charts are in large part made by contractors' digitizing of
paper charts, probably mylar originals).

I've seen or heard several references to the basis for all vector
charts being work done by the Russians during the cold war in case
they ever needed to invade. It's a good story and I suspect that
it's true since the timing and investment make it more plausible that
Garmin et. al. purchased and updated work done over a period of
several years than that they came up with it from scratch. I'd like
to know for sure though.

Have a great passage to Bermuda.

--
Roger Long