sailor

Default Andersen Winches

Andersen use a stainless steel drum which is lightweight. I think that is a huge advantage over chromed bronze. The winch design appears to be very simple and maintenance reduced. I have all Lewmars that came on the boat except one Andersen I bought last summer. I think it will be a very good addition and appears to be well made.
Glen
"Ray Cullum" wrote in message ...
I am in the market for new winches and I have been told to look at Andersen.
I have used Lewmar in the past and have been very satisfied but the MO on
Lewmar is that they aren't what they used to be especially on the service/parts
end.

I would appreciate any input on Andersen or Lewmar.

Thanks,

Ray
S/V FROLIC