Steve

Default Andersen Winches

I have always favored Lewmar winches since the older ones seem to hold up
very well..

I could never afford selftailing winches until this boat and then, only if I
purchased used winches.

I found a pair of 44st (here from a fellow in the NG) and they were in great
condition with the exception of some chrome pealing on one drum..
Additionally I purchased several other secondary and halyard winches from a
friend who was doing a complete refit... The only problem I have with the
smaller halyard winch is that the selftailer won't take the 1/2" line size
that it is rated for and there is no way to adjust the plate seperation..

Otherwise I still prefer the Lewmar over all for winches and windlass, but
then I've only had one season with the selftailing types..
--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions