Bruce In Bangkok Bruce In Bangkok is offline

Default washing fruits and vegetables

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 05:31:13 -0800 (PST), Chris
wrote:

On Nov 19, 7:48 am, Gogarty wrote:
In article
,
says...

On Nov 13, 9:04 pm, Joe wrote:
On Nov 12, 9:43 am, Hanz wrote:

I have also heard that potassium permanganate is also effective,but it might be harder to get a hold of.

That's the word! That's the word! In college we used to make a glass
cleaning solution that consisted of potassium permanganate and sulfuric
acid. Wicked stuff, but your lab glassware got really, really clean.

I kind of doubt that. This from Wikipedia:

"Solid KMnO4 is a strong oxidizer and thus should be kept separated
from oxidizable substances. Reaction with concentrated sulfuric acid
produces the highly explosive manganese(VII) oxide (Mn2O7)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium_permanganate

Chris

BUT, the glassware would be so clean..... why, you could hardly see
the pieces :-)

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)