Steve

Default "Catting" or "Fish Up" the anchor??

"Armond Perretta" wrote in message
a quick "Google" gives quite a few hits for the terminology and some
expanded explanations.

You and Ric are correct, according to Google.

"To fish the anchor, to hoist the flukes to their resting place (called the
bill-boards), and pass the shank painter."

However since the 'bill-boards' are 'projections or ledge.... ' that does
not meet this situation since the anchor is clearly being hoisted up to the
rail under a Cathead. The blocks on the rail cap would indicate that the
anchor will be stowed on the rail..

BTW. I carry a 75lb Luke anchor and heavy rode for hard rocky botton
situations like you discribe.. One time I used it for a semi perminant moor
for two years.. never any problem dragging in a 5 knot current that changed
direction with every tide.
However that anchor is very hard to bring aboard without damage to the hull.
Perhaps a Cathead would be of some assistance..

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions