Me Me is offline

Default I hate to say it but there sure is a bunch of ignorance here concerning VHF antennas

In article s.com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

For transmitting you need a good coax cable with clean tight fittings. You
need the shielding on the outside so the signal goes all the way to the
antenna and out the top (the antenna itself) and not bleeding out the sides
of the cable.

For receiving you don't need coax at all. You could stick a freaking coat
hanger into the center part of the connecter at the radio and receive just
fine. If you aren't receiving well it's because your receiver is on the
fritz or going on the fritz. Fiddling around with your coax or antenna is a
waste of time.

I hope this helps because I'm through wasting my time with a bunch of rank
radio newbs who won't freaking listen to reason.

Wilbur Hubbard

IT is a good thing you aren't trying to pass yourself off as a Marine
Radioman, because the above certainly demonstrates, that your knowledge
of VHF Radio Technology, RF Transmission Lines and Antenna Theory is
sadly lacking....

Me Someone with 40 years in the Biz.......