Steve

Default Golf Port Missippi ??

Thanks for all the helpful responses here and in private emails.

If I take up full retirement in Gulfport MS, I have to have a marina where I
can leave my boat with confidence since I will be doing other travel, well
outside of the area.. (summer home in Pac. NW., Family scattered all over
US).

It is my understanding that I can find such moorage (cheap) by going inland
via the back waters and that should be safe from the hurricanes for an
unattended boat.

I have always 'looked down' on boat owners who neglect their boats between
sailing seasons, but now I may be one of them.

I still have a few more years of cruising in the Pac NW, Mex. and Central
America. From there I have never made any specific crusing plans.

I recently found that I could live very cheaply/comfortably at the Armed
Forces Retirement Home in Gulfport and still have my independence to do what
ever my age and health would allow.

Thanks again, further comments are still welcome..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions