Evan Gatehouse

Default Golf Port Missippi ??

"Steve" wrote in message
I don't know much about this part of the Gulf Coast but it's on my list of
possible spots to relocate to or have a winter moorage.. (I may try my

hand
at some 'snow birding')..

Is this 'safe haven', or how far away would I have to go for a year round
safe haven for moorage?

I went down to visit Halter Marine (a big shipbuilding operation with
locations in Gulfport, among others) for an interview.

I was looking into moorage and was really concerned about hurricane proof
(at least somewhat) moorage. They have a marina with breakwater on the Gulf
Coast, but if a hurricane threatens, everybody heads inland for the
protected inner bays.

The social aspects of the town didn't suit me so I didn't take the job. A
week after we decided NOT to truck the boat there, a hurricane rolled right
over Gulfport, about when the boat would have been delivered by truck

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)