Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Starting a boat related business

wrote

doubt someone would give him $50 for this, more like $20 if all he is
doing is repacking the bearings. The money comes when you start
selling lights, bearings and seals but that requires inventory.
Personally I would leave the bearings alone and just do lights with a
good system that people would recognize and respect.

I have a 16' Lund on a light trailer. 13" wheels. Took the bearings apart
when I got it, and they had some wear. I live less than ten miles from the
lake I fish, and don't get over 55, and 75% is less than 35. I took it to
get a price on new bearings. $200. I just repacked them, and keep an eye
on the tightness. If I start ranging out to farther lakes, I'll have it
done, or meet someone in the meantime who has a press and can do them for
less.

Steve