John H[_11_] John H[_11_] is offline

Default Starting a boat related business

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 20:12:55 -0500, Gene
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:00:06 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

My 18' has a single axle shoreline trailer an no brakes....

My point, either misunderstood or ignored, was that even a 18 foot
bayliner weighs 3,000# including trailer and engine.

State law, then, would *require* that the trailer have brakes
installed, if it were to actually pass the inspection as spelled out.
I'm betting the lights wouldn't pass inspection, either.

Sucks... but those are the sort of requirements that would make the
business model of the OP viable.....

Perhaps I misunderstood your point. I didn't intentionally ignore it.

My boat came with a single axle trailer and no brakes. Perhaps the
state law mandates brakes for the load, I don't know. But the trailer
and load are not weighed as part of the safety inspection. In fact,
there is no requirement for a load on the trailer when inspected.

So, I have no brakes on this trailer, and haven't felt the need for
them. Towing the 21' Proline was a different matter. The trailer had
surge brakes.
--

John H