Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default VHF antenna anomaly

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 21:28:12 -0500, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:25:55 -0500, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

At least
it means I won't have to haul it off/repair the radio, though I'm not
thrilled at the thought that I might have a cable problem

After suffering through a few cable problems with my old sailboats I
finally ended up buying some expensive military grade low loss co-ax.
It was about a buck a foot back in the '80s but it was great stuff
with teflon insulation and silver plated conductors. That was the
end of my cable problems and we had the best VHF reception I'd ever
seen.

Got a source/grade suggestion for something like that?

Sounds good to me...

I believe it was Belden RG142/U. Unfortunately it is now about
$2.25/ft from RF Parts:

http://www.rfparts.com/coax.html#teflon

The good news is that they sell it by the foot. I had to buy a 100 ft
spool when I got mine.

Maybe you can find some on EBAY.