Rosalie B.

Default Inverter Size

x-no-archive:yes

"Fred Miller" wrote:

Slightly Off topic but I know someone here can answer the question.

I am trying to run a Dell Inspiron 5100 in my truck using a small inverter
but all I do is blow fuses in the truck. This is a 6 month old Chev 1500 in
excellent condition.

My "brick" 110 V power supply reads:

AC 100-240 V - 103-109 VA 50-60Hz
DC 20 V 4.5 A

What size inverter in watts do I need to use with this power supply?
Can a cigar lighter outlet supply the required power?

TIA for your help.

Why not just get the cigarette lighter connector from Dell? I can't
get one for my Dell Inspiron 600m, but I have one for the Inspiron
2500, and it says

Auto-Air Adapter designed for use with Dell (tm) Lat. C Family & Insp.
2500, 4000, 8000
Input 11-16 Vdc 8 Amp Max. Output 20V 3.5A
Model # DE2035A-259A
Made in USA Protection Class III
0137

LIND Electronics, Inc.