Bob Bob is offline

Default Wurkin in the oil patch

I understand that the capsize was caused by the tug getting sideways
to the pull of the cable, but what was the underlying reason that it
got sideways in the first place?

Current and wind. Then trying to work the load up current and wind,
and shifting the tow heads on the stern to the load side is puzzeling.
I'm sure he did it to help turn the bow upwind, current, but it was a
bad move. He should have started over.
Joe

Joe my master mariner.........

Are you suggesting operator error that included failure to controll
vessel/tow?
Bob
LIVE FROM LA (as in California for those with limitted travel
experince)