Don White Don White is offline

Default Starting a boat related business

"H the K" wrote in message
On 11/20/09 10:47 AM, Frogwatch wrote:
Here is a thought experiment. Start a business on less than $5000.
It has been said that to enjoy your work and be successful, you should
go into a business you enjoy. Well, we are all boaters here,
so............
How often do you go to boat ramps and see 50 boat trailers sitting
empty the whole day while the boats are on the water? How many of
those trailers need to have their hubs re-packed? How many have
malfunctioning lights?
Get an old truck (already have one) and tools and grease and such and
go to the ramp at first light. As people get in line to launch offer
to repack their hubs while the trailer sits there. Offer to repair
trailer lights while it sits there. You would have to do this by
credit card cuz most people will not have $50 on them but that is ok.
You might be able to fix trailer brakes while you are there.

I wouldn't trust someone like you, who combines the best of Murphy's Law
and the Peter Principle, to touch my trailer, let alone repack the hubs.
Sorry.

--

If I'm paying someone to re-pack my bearings, I want a licensed, experienced
mechanic.