Jim and Becky

Default Engine RPM Limit

200 rpm is so little I can't imagine spending the money on a new prop.
4000 rpm probably does not mean this will hold true for all like engines.
I had a bad cylinder in mine so you may want to do a compression check.

"Scott Downey" wrote in message
A worn engine would not develop full power. Dropping the pitch should have
placed less load on the engine and reved it higher.

"Bruce Kingsley" wrote in message
Hi:

What would limit engine RPM? I have a 1976 SeaRay with a Merc 255

engine
that only produces 3800 rpm, the specs say it should produce 4000 rpm.

The
prop was a 17 deg pitch and we reduced it to 14 deg pitch but the rpm

didn't
change.

--

Regards;