Larry W4CSC

Default Radar Arc's and blips, the answer

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:58:07 GMT, Gary Schafer
wrote:

Oh yah, that must have been a sight. A trail of dead seagulls floating
behind the ship. Or did they just catch on fire and burn up before
they hit the water.

Gary

Just dropped. Never knew what hit 'em.

I heard a story back when there was a Soviet Union of a radar picket
ship that trained its SPS-30 onto the bridge of a Soviet warship that
kept threatening to ram our ship. Some guys I knew aboard it said you
could see flourescent tubes exploding on the deck and in the wheel
house....(c;

Of course, it could all be BS, but the physics of it is quite
possible. Noone was allowed outside on the 02 level when the radar
was on the air.

Larry W4CSC

NNNN