Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default How far off-shore.

"slide" wrote in message
Hanz wrote:
How far offshore do I have to travel when going south from Fort Pierce to
Miami to avoid the gulf stream??

Hanz

Stay inshore. The stream can actually touch the coast at Palm. You'll know
if that's the case. If so, move offshore enough to regain your speed over
the mud.

]
]Further, inshore you can sometimes catch a countercurrent, and, as well,
depending on which way the wind's already blowing, get some help from the
shore convection during the day.

Our rule was "sail close enough that you can see the smiles on the faces of
the people on the beach"...

Somebody here likely has, also, a US Navy daily report on the stream's (and
counter currents) speed and location, via graphical representation (not with
lat/long specs). I used it a lot in our up-and-downs the last couple of
years but not doing that now, have lost track of the links...

L8R

Skip and Lydia, in Hopetown for a few days before heading back up to the
Marsh Harbour area

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)