Rosalie B.

Default Viewing a boat.

x-no-archive:yes

WaIIy wrote:

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 05:43:07 GMT, "Skip Gundlach"
u wrote:

Even if it's a wreck when you
get in front of the real thing, or anything short of perfect, you'll like
what you see in the pictures much more than the reality, because the
pictures can't show the nitty gritty...

I agree with you when looking at pictures of boats for sale.

I find that taking a lot of my own pictures of a boat I'm interested
really helps.
There are things you don't notice or remember until you really study the
pictures you took.

A friend of mine has done this to the nth degree. She had a standard
set of pictures that she took of each boat, and in addition, she stuck
her camera into every opening that opened and took a picture of what
was in there. Then she got them developed at a one hour place, and
put them in an album with the spec sheet from the broker in the front
of that section - sometimes labeled with arrows pointing to problem
areas (such as a blister or a cracked port). She said she sometimes
saw evidence of water damage that she missed in person.

I used to do OSHA inspections, and I took lots of pictures also - I
often found violations in the photos that I had totally missed in
person. (One time when I was a trainee out with another inspector, my
picture showed a 2nd floor space without a door, and with no stairs.
They got up there by extension ladder extended as far as it would go.)

Video tape IMHO isn't really very good for this sort of thing.

grandma Rosalie