Joe Joe is offline

Default washing fruits and vegetables

On Nov 12, 9:43*am, Hanz wrote:
We are going to Central America. *Local fruits and vegetables may be
contaminated. *What do we wash them with (e.g., 1 gal desalinated water
with 1 tbsp clorox)?

Hanz

Jeezus christ Hans your going to CA.

Catch a few big tunas and chop them into little bits, drown them with
a couple of lemons and limes in a big bowl, add a red onion peeled and
chopped, couple of tomatoes, diced jalapenos, diced celery, some fresh
cilantro, minced garlic, dash of olive oil, little sea salt,
pepper ......man you went and made me hungry.

The lime and lemon juice will kill the bugs and it keeps well in the
box. Clorox is for kids.

Make sure to get some Jimica roots,chop em up toss them into a bowl
of lime juice let is soak and then spice it up with a bit of chili
pepper, perfect for a long watch on the wheel. And in Belize you can
get some big bags of salted pumpkin seeds that are to die for. There
is a little old lady on the north side of town in san pedro that will
fix you up with the best veggies. Just ask anyone about the lady who
got run over and now runs a fruit and veggie stand, if you buy alot of
stuff she will pull the good stuff out from behind her stand and fix
you up right.

Joe