Rosalie B.

Default What is best Christmas present for an avid boat admirer?

x-no-archive:yes (CapriciousD) wrote:

(CapriciousD) wrote in message . com...
My name is David.
I am 16 years old and I want to know what to get my father for
Christmas (who is a nut when it comes to boats). He has built many
boats in his time. First he ever built was a Sunfish 14' with his
brother. But he is older now and he wants badly to build a boat for
our family, but doesn't find the time. I just want to know what the
best gift could be to someone who bellieves Zuzuki makes the best
outboard, the Nonsuch is the Goddess of sailboats and life doesn't get
sweeter than a Mercury BigFoot.

Any suggestion please reply to this or e-mail me directly.

Thanks in advance
Dave

Thanks for the help guys, but those won't work. He already has a
Wooden Boat subscription - since the early 80's I believe, my mother
and I bought him a belt sander last year and he wants to build a boat,
but can't find a large enough space nor time gap between traveling.

Thanks for the ideas, but are there other options that would be just
as good. Books, different tools, or just boats that he may be
interested in building or looking at.

OK, here are some other ideas:

Magazines - Good Old Boat, Ocean Navigator, or Home Power

If it won't make him even more frustrated at not having time, you
might consider Latitudes and Attitudes.

Books - (looking around our cabin) - Living Aboard on a Small Income
(they built their 2nd or 3rd boat), Good Old Boat, North to the Night,
Time on Ice, Passages South, the Cost Conscious Cruiser, the 12 volt
Bible, Storm Tactics, Boating Weather, The Complete Book of Anchoring,
etc. There's also a book called (I think) Boat Watch or something
like that that has specs and floor plan and sail outlines of about a
zillion different boats. And again - if it won't make him too
frustrated, the books by Tom Neale are a good read and also the
stories of circumnavigations by people like Sir Francis C. Or even
the Hornblower books if he doesn't have them.

grandma Rosalie