H the K[_2_] H the K[_2_] is offline

Default U.S. Doctors want tort reform.

On 11/12/09 6:55 AM, thunder wrote:
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 01:29:55 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

“We found that regardless of a physician’s political affiliation, the
respondents attributed the practice of defensive medicine to excessive
waste in the health care system,” said Rick Jackson, chairman and CEO

of
Jackson Healthcare, in a statement."

~~Sorry - no can do. Gotta keep the trial lawyers busy and rich.~~

The survey found that 62 percent of physicians disagreed with the
American Medical Association’s (AMA) stance on health care reform. Of
those, 46 percent said they “strongly disagree” with the AMA’s

stance.

http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlan...9/daily1.html?

ana=fox

Heh - what a shock.

Yeah, what a shock. The CBO states that we could save $54 billion over
the next ten years, by instituting tort reform. Big whoop, that's 0.5%
of health care spending.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...le/2009/10/09/
AR2009100904271.html

Oh, and 23 states already limit pain and suffering awards, and 34 states
already limit punitive awards. Doctors might be better served by
policing their ranks and getting rid of the incompetents. 5% of doctors
account for over 50% of the malpractice here. Get rid of those 5% and we
would have saved $21 billion, and a lot of pain and suffering.

http://www.tradewatch.org/pressroom/release.cfm?ID=1222

Not to worry...next on Tom's regurgitated GOP talking post list: the
miracle-like drop in insurance premiums if only those non-competing
corporations could ignore state borders.

Better...eliminate the exemption health insurers have from anti-trust
laws, beginning 1 January 2010. Oh...wait...that's not what the
corporate creed calls for.

--
If you are flajim, herring, loogy, GC boater, johnson, topbassdog, rob,
or one of a half dozen others, you're wasting your time by trying to