Skip Gundlach

Default Third Florida trip report (long, of course!)

Greetings...

"Frank Maier" wrote in message
om...

Congratulations! Sounds like you've definitely found a winner. Now all
ya gotta do is obtain an excellent example for a reasonable price and

Well, now, there's the rub. We're still working on it, and may well spring
for one of the high priced spread, but the above doesn't exist in the
current ones known for sale. In the area I've been through (which is from
Annapolis to St. Petersburg), there are either very depressingly beat
examples, or breathtakingly expensive examples, and not much in between.

Case in point is one which was very well cruised, pretty well equipped with
hardware thereto (somewhat marginally in electronics, but older electronics
are discounted, anyway), and shown in the pictures with a very nice looking
dink and cover in the custom heavy davits, and motor on the back rail, next
to the custom hoist. It's been sitting for 2.5 years, and "the owners are
out of the country and want it sold" per the listing. When we went to see
it, there was a dink in a shoreside hoist, and an outboard in the walkway
next to the house, and no hoist on the back rail.

When asking about that in followup, "there is no dink or motor and the hoist
has been removed." The batteries, of which there is a lot of amperage, are
5 years old, now. The watermaker was not pickled. And the last offer 30
days ago was rejected; they'll take the listing price, or it will continue
to sit (and, I gather, perhaps they'll continue to sell off items from it in
order to enhance its value?).

We don't really know, but it would probably take not less than 20, and we
speculate that it might be closer to 40-50k to bring it up to bristol. If
the latter, there are ones which have already been rehabbed - but we're not
at all sure we want to spend that much, as it would be on the order of
*tripliing* our original budget, when we were reluctantly prepared to
double...

But, we're continuing our due diligence, and exploring options. We'll
likely make a dash through the territories to visit the ones which have the
most promise, and offer shortly after, early next month.

have yourselves a merry little xmas!

:{)) We'll do that, despite that her kid(s? at least one, but he - the 21
year old college senior - claims it's all 4 of them) seems to have a bug up
his rear about our doing this which has resulted, this weekend, in an ad
hominem attack on me and my sanity and a threat, as well, should I continue
in this course, along with an accusation that I'm stealing his mother's
fortune (I'm buying the boat) - and, not incidentally, his mother :{))

L8R

Skip and Lydia, As The Stomach Turns...

Frank

didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away
from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
Discover." - Mark Twain