anon

Default UV degradation of Walker Bay dinghies?

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 00:56:52 GMT, wrote:

I assume that you are using this dinghy with a sailboat? If so use the
spinnicker pole as a derrick. connect the pole to the mast; connect
the pole lift and rig a two, three, whatever, part tackle between the
pole and then dink. You probably should also rig for and aft lines to
the end of the pole to control swing while you're hauling the dinghy.

Cheers,
(change
to bruce/at/inet/co/th for teply)

On 18 Dec 2003,
(Bobsprit) wrote:

I used a WB 8 for a few years, . . . . Good little
dink that tows very well, but has limited capacity.
I can't imagine launching it from deck without
cursing someone out and I'm stronger than most
sailors.

Though we're still looking for an inflatable that really
(easily/reliably) deflates/inflates to enable in-lazaratte storage,
one solution to the launching-from-deck Thing was suggested some time
ago in one of those "I wish I had thought of that!" tips in one of the
sailing or cruising magazines -- namely, a simply-made and easily
collapsable "derek" arrangement:

Three 1"-diameeter dowels capped with poly-piping at the end acting as
collars which, when slotted together, make pole which can be attached
at one end to the mast, held up near the other end with a spare
halyard, and with pulleys at the over-the-water end (and, again, which
when done can be removed and stowed conveniently).

Cheers,

anon
(reply to k4556[at]inet[dot]co[dot]th)