Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Potential FAQ for Flying Pig visitors

"slide" wrote in message
Good luck with this comprehensive list / narrative. I've tried doing the
same but the reality always seems to surprise newbies.

:{))

If you sail out of sight of land, I'd suggest you discuss with your new
passengers that if they feel anxious when land disappears, that they
should speak up. I've found even experienced coastal cruisers sometimes
freak out when land disappears. The older the newbie, the greater the
anxiety probability.

Good thought. Other than for passages, likely we'll always be in sight of
land, even transiting EC islands, though...

I'm supposing from your post that you wear full clothing and use the
toilet fixture even underway. If you don't, if clothing is optional or you
prefer 'saving' your toilet for when close inshore, I suggest you mention
that as well. When underway, we run clothing optional and the taffrail is
the 'head'.

Heh. No, actually, if you read closer, you'll see that we are normally in
very brief bathing attire. As to peeing over the side, we cover that for
the men when they arrive - but women are usually uncomfortable with that
:{)) As we don't have a "true" head, usually, absent a cedar bucket like
Wilbur espouses, most of the time solids are dispensed with through the
facilities, anyway.

As to "clothing optional" Lydia's very uncomfortable with the thought,
though I'm not, so she's always dressed at least in a bather. Whether or
not our guests (none that we have in mind fit the bill as far as I know)
care to go starkers is entirely up to them - but given the grief I get about
my bathing suit from her, that prolly wouldn't sit well with Lydia, either,
so, I dunno.

I guess I'll just have to ditch her, and like my friend Jere, sail naked, as
the bumper sticker and T-shirt sez, and anyone who cares to wear clothing is
welcome aboard, but I'd not tolerate their dictating what I wore or ate
(unless, as previously discussed, they wanted to buy it and share) :{))

And, FWIW, when we're not accompanied or in immediate view of others, we do
sail nekkid...

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)