slide[_4_] slide[_4_] is offline

Default Potential FAQ for Flying Pig visitors

Good luck with this comprehensive list / narrative. I've tried doing the
same but the reality always seems to surprise newbies.

If you sail out of sight of land, I'd suggest you discuss with your new
passengers that if they feel anxious when land disappears, that they
should speak up. I've found even experienced coastal cruisers sometimes
freak out when land disappears. The older the newbie, the greater the
anxiety probability.

I'm supposing from your post that you wear full clothing and use the
toilet fixture even underway. If you don't, if clothing is optional or
you prefer 'saving' your toilet for when close inshore, I suggest you
mention that as well. When underway, we run clothing optional and the
taffrail is the 'head'.