Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Potential FAQ for Flying Pig visitors

"Bob" wrote in message

4,224 words

but the voice is different in this post. Seems easier to read and less
fussy.

Hey skip who wrot this or did you double up on your maintenence meds

Heh. I wrote it. Not directed at cruisers, not detail oriented, just the
facts, mon. So far the only maintenance meds I have are related to health,
like the simvastatins, aspirin, fish oil, saw palmetto and a multivitamin.
Doubling up on any of those has little effect :{))

Did I miss the part of your 4K+ blabering where you describe the
required SAFETY DRILLS? or DUTY STATIONS of all visitors on board the
Pig??

Pleae tell me you at least have an orientation??????

Yah, we do, as well as a toilet orientation including a flapper valve for
reference. We start in the cockpit for general stuff, including MOB and
fire drill (pointing out and demonstrating the MOB pole/Horseshoe and
cockpit extinguisher [not demonstrated!]), and then move throughout the
boat.

As you've commented upon the uselessness in general of some of your
shipmates, while we invite those aboard to participate in general, and have
general instructions on emergency conditions, someone who's not skilled at
that will get in the way more than help, so we don't expect nor demand
active stuff. One of my sons and his wife are new pilots, and they've
drilled the kids on "sterile cockpit" - meaning that when they're driving or
talking on the radio, or navigating, or, or, their single task is to stay
silent and out of the way. We use that analogy in our briefing.

After all when lydia is drunk and you are incopcitated from that pre
existing medical condition WHO will know how to call for help?

Well, we do show them how to call for help, but, you're right about our
challenges were both of us to be dead (pardon the expression) in the water.
However, nothing stronger than lite beer is aboard any more, and, from all
indications at all medical levels, my PEMC is well under control, so we're
not any different than other solo cruising couples as to emergencies.

Bob

And
Oh ya I forgot....... non of that silly stuff like safety orientations
or basic maritime responsibilities are needed on the PIg since the pig
is a Winabago Class vessel. OH, but I thought SKIP was a USCG Licensed
MASTER. Are you really using the Pig as an IRS Schedule C Sole
Propieter Hobby Loss deduction?? You are really stepin in deep ****
SKip.

Not, nor do I pretend to be, a master, though we did pay for, and get ripped
off on, Master's classes. We're mere OUPVs.

Nor do we operate FP on any commercial basis and, as it's paid for, we don't
even do a home interest deduction. And, as covered above, we do the safety
orientations and other sailing responsibility stuff.

In any event, I agree:

May God bless the ignorant and those who walk on the Pig.
Bob

I think God's blessing is a great thing, no matter your condition or
location :{))

L8R

Skip and Lydia, getting our outboard sorted out, it looks like, without
having to buy a new one...

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)