jps jps is offline

Default House passed health care reform...

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 11:17:54 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
.. .

Tonight at 11:15 pm EST, by a 220 to 215 vote, the House passed their
version of Health Care Reform.

Among the most meaningful pieces of legislation in history making it
through one body of congress is a big deal. There's lots of work left
but I'm damned happy a major bridge has been crossed.

All you folks who hate your fellow Americans and don't think it's
worth the investment have my sympathy.

One lone Republican voted for it. 39 Democrats opposed. That ****es me off.
Well, it's on to the Senate. I'm sure they'll do something by 2015.

Interesting analysis of the votes:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ote.html?hp?hp