jps jps is offline

Default Told 'ja so...

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 12:10:33 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 10:51:53 -0500, H the K
wrote:

The scam is what activists are saying we need to do to "fix" it.
Basically, what ever their agenda was 30 years ago is now revived to
stop global warming. (higher gas taxes, stop eating meat. ban cars,
ZPG or whatever)

Higher gas taxes, eating less meat, driving smaller cars and
controlling population would benefit all of us, whatever the motivation.

So sell it that way and stop making up lies that this will stop global
climate change in any way at all.

It is like the Iraq war. If we had just said at the outset, this was
to stop an Iraqi/Isreali war, we could have made a rational decision.
As it was we had a lie, compounded by obfuscation and denial.
It certainly had noting to do with oil but that was what the left
said. (Saddam would have been more than happy to sell us oil at a
bargain price)
The right talked about direct threats to the US and that is BS too.

Huh? Dick Cheney and George Bush in office and it had nothing to do
with oil? It was to prevent Israel going to war with Saddam?

Over what, Saddam's payments to jihadists?

You've got to be kidding...