Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default d400 wind gen (was) Wind Gen

Why would I want a D400 vs a SuperWind? To me it looks like the output
of the D400 is at least 20% lower than the Superwind at normal wind
speeds. Sure I see that at above ~30 kts the D400 is better, but that's
an anomoly.

http://superwind.com/gfx/charging_b.jpg

"Flying Pig" wrote in
:

PS links to D400:
http://www.duogen.co.uk/d400/images/D400man.pdf manual
http://www.d400.co.uk/ home page

Note from US distributor:

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Flying Pig
wrote:

Hi, Larry,

I've received a glowing recommendation for the D400.

We now have a KISS on a 2" pole, with the associated wiring,
controller, heat dump and "off" switch.

Would I need anything else to make the swap? How much are
they to the east coast?

Thanks.

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
See our galleries at www.justpickone.org/skip/gallery
http://www.justpickone.org/skip/gallery !

"You are never given a wish without also being given the
power to make it come true. You may have to work for it
however." (and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you
in its hand
(Richard Bach)

The diversion load should work although we use 600 watts because the
generator could put out that much in a sustained high wind. See the
link below. The C-40 is only semi suitable as it does not isolate the
diversion load from the rest of the system and accordingly when you
are charging with another source as explained in the paper ,link
below, that source will always see that 500 watt load and try to
replace another 35 amp hours that just goes up in heat. The switch
used in the Kiss is a simple shorting device the switch we use is
purpose selected to function with the D-400 see the link below.. You
will need to bush the 2" pipe to 1.5" ID or 42mm ID.The cost without
the diversion load is $1895 USD FOB Scappoose, OR for the 12 volt and
$250.00 more for the 24 volt. Larry Janke

Diversion load regulator information;

http://www.semarine.com/store/home.php?cat=222

Switch Information

http://www.semarine.com/store/produc...&cat=82&page=1

D-400 information

http://www.semarine.com/store/produc...&cat=82&page=1

Please note I have nothing to do with any of this other than having my
interest piqued via the long-ago discussion on KISS. I'd seen the PS
review, but had forgotten it. I'm wondering, given my current
experience with the noise/non-noise of mine, if a very careful
balancing would have changed the opinions/numbers on the noise levels
in the PS test. However, the overall AH generated was a surprise to
me...

L8R

Skip