[email protected] jpjccd@psbnewton.com is offline

Default Congressional Carrion Sessions in the Midwest

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 10:23:18 -0800, jps wrote:

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 09:20:59 -0600, wrote:

There was a recent post in this NG about a large number of vultures, I
believe, that were seen flocking together. Here in the Midwest, one
may generally see as many as 6 buzzards loitering around roadkill
carcasses on the roadside, and that's about the most that will be
together at anyone time, as carrion birds in this area of the country
go. This morning on the way to the office, though, I saw in a
recently harvested corn field a flock of about 60 buzzards foraging
for leftover corn. (At least I think that's what they were doing.) I
had never in my life seen so many buzzards together at one time in a
single location. But, after giving it some thought, I concluded that
this may not quite be the ominous portent it would seem. This may be
what will ultimately defeat the health-care reform package in
Washington. If all the Democrat senators are gorging themselves on
scraps in the Midwest, they won't be in the Nation's Capitol present
to vote on repugnant, damnable health-care reform legislation.

And so the sickening level of profit for the companies whose products
you resell won't be affected.

Good for you.

Let's review, who are the buzzards?

"Resell"? I can let the "sickening level of profit" go as a matter of
ignorance. But, "resell"? I simply won't let that go unchallenged!