NOYB

Default 1986 Bayliner Trophy w/Trailer $4700.00 OBO in Ohio

"Bob D." wrote in message

If you're looking to make an equal trade, you're not going to get a

"truck
or SUV with towing capabilities". In fact, you'll be lucky to get a

truck
with starting and running capabilities.

I don't know where you hail from, but in Ohio, I can get a mid nineties
truck or SUV for three to four thousand dollars. Not perfect of course,
but suitable for my needs. You comment seems no more than off handed
opinion, mislabled as fact.

Most boats in that size range don't plane until 18mph. Your "cruise"

speed
is just 1 mph over planing speed? 24 mph top speed for a planing hull
isn't, as you say, a "low top speed"...it's unacceptable for that type

boat.

While what you say is a good rule of thumb for many boats, this boat
planes with tabs at about 16.5 mph.

"With tabs"...and probably 18mph (or more) without tabs.

As for what is acceptable for this
boat configuration, I don't kknow. I can't find anyone who will tell me
what speed this boat should be able to attain with the AQ131 Engine. I
find that for the type of cruising I like to do, covering 100 or more
miles a day, it is underpowered, that doesn't mean that the boat is
unsafe, or that someone else cannot enjoy it for what is is, a slow but
stable boat, good for fishing or cruising.

The reason it "rides better than your Chris-Craft" is because you're

barely
on plane while "cruising" in the Bayliner.

As for your explanation for why the Bayline rides better, you really need
to preface your comments as opinion, instead of fact. The fact is several
people have been with me on both boats in similar conditions cruisingat
similar speeds.

"Cruising at similar speeds"? I'm sure the "cruise speed" of your
Chris-Craft is 8-10mph faster than your Bayliner. In anything over a 2 foot
chop, 8-10mph makes all the difference in the world in ride comfort.

The Bayliner, with its deeper vee rides better period.

You really should consider prefacing your comments.

Bob Dimond