Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default d400 wind gen (was) Wind Gen

PS links to D400:
http://www.duogen.co.uk/d400/images/D400man.pdf manual
http://www.d400.co.uk/ home page

Note from US distributor:

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Flying Pig
wrote:

Hi, Larry,

I've received a glowing recommendation for the D400.

We now have a KISS on a 2" pole, with the associated wiring,
controller, heat dump and "off" switch.

Would I need anything else to make the swap? How much are
they to the east coast?

Thanks.

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
See our galleries at www.justpickone.org/skip/gallery
http://www.justpickone.org/skip/gallery !

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)

The diversion load should work although we use 600 watts because the
generator could put out that much in a sustained high wind. See the link
below. The C-40 is only semi suitable as it does not isolate the
diversion load from the rest of the system and accordingly when you are
charging with another source as explained in the paper ,link below, that
source will always see that 500 watt load and try to replace another 35
amp hours that just goes up in heat. The switch used in the Kiss is a
simple shorting device the switch we use is purpose selected to function
with the D-400 see the link below.. You will need to bush the 2" pipe
to 1.5" ID or 42mm ID.The cost without the diversion load is $1895 USD
FOB Scappoose, OR for the 12 volt and $250.00 more for the 24 volt.
Larry Janke

Diversion load regulator information;

http://www.semarine.com/store/home.php?cat=222

Switch Information

http://www.semarine.com/store/produc...&cat=82&page=1

D-400 information

http://www.semarine.com/store/produc...&cat=82&page=1

Please note I have nothing to do with any of this other than having my
interest piqued via the long-ago discussion on KISS. I'd seen the PS
review, but had forgotten it. I'm wondering, given my current experience
with the noise/non-noise of mine, if a very careful balancing would have
changed the opinions/numbers on the noise levels in the PS test. However,
the overall AH generated was a surprise to me...

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2