Frogwatch Frogwatch is offline

Default Short or long legs?

Am trying to get to Ft Laud or Lake Worth inlet from St. Marks on th
upper gulf coast in order to go to the Bahamas. However, I have done
the trip up and down the west coast several times both in and offshore
(28' Sailboat). Inshore takes longer while offshore is either boring
or scary. From St Marks (actually Shell Point) to Clearwater is 28
hours for me. My max I want to be aboard is 48 hours (one very long
trip across the Gulf yrs ago).
My real limitation is my getting antsy after a week aboard to get back
to doing stuff at work and at home. Thus, I have to go as far as I
can, leave the boat for a week or so and then go more. Marinas are
not set up to allow such. Generally they want to lease a slip for a
minimum of a month or charge outrageous overnight fees.
I'd consider leaving her anchored well for a week but am not too sure
of how wise this would be. Ragtime is long past paid for and her loss
would not be a financial problem for me and I do not own anything I
leave aboard of any value. However, I'd hate for someone to cut her
anchor rode and cause her to be a hazard to navigation.
Suggestions?
Do not suggest waiting till I have time for an extended cruise because
I have no desire for an extended cruise, just not the way I do things.
So, it is a toss up between really LOOooooonnggggg offshore trips to
get a long ways or taking many inshore jumps that take longer.