posted to rec.boats.paddle
Bit Farmer[_2_] Bit Farmer[_2_] is offline

Default And now that the Witch is dead, so is RBP it seems!

Wilko wrote:
John Kuthe wrote:
C'mon folks! RBP is what we make of it!

I've taken a hiatus from paddling while I'm (still) going to nursing
school, what's everyone else up to?

I spent the last three years at university, recently got another piece
of paper adding a Msc to my name. Now it's job-hunting again.
I'm still paddling, but because the school holidays messed up my
paddling schedule for the past couple of years, paddling 70+ days a year
is over. Also, I had a pretty bad paddling accident last year, landing
on a rock after going down a dam (basically an artificial waterfall in
the Czech Republic that we ran a lot, where they put big boulders below
the drop against erosion) which has made me a tad less eager to run
harder stuff nowadays.

Hey Wilko!

Reminds me of the old saying:
Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgment.

One of the great benefits to youth is the perception of immortality. The older we get, the more cautious we become because deep down
you know that there is a very fine line between those who walk away from an accident and those who don't - and is is not always
skill that separates the two.

The best thing that ever happened to me was getting married and raising a family. There were some activities I simply gave up
because the risks outweighed the potential enjoyment. There is a level of risk I can live with. The rest I will leave to my
imagination.

Blakely
--
Blakely LaCroix