posted to rec.boats.paddle
Bit Farmer[_2_] Bit Farmer[_2_] is offline

Default Huron River paddling

Walt wrote:
Rich wrote:

So I'm curious if anyone has done this section recently - there were a
couple of people in wetsuits with chainsaws clearing the trees, but it's
an amateur volunteer effort, not anything organized. I'm wondering
whether the managed to clear it.

The rest of the river was clear - everywhere downstream of McCabe Road
(which BTW, provides excellent river access).

//Walt

So here is a question for you: Is this a legal activity? Who is
responsible for maintaining an open channel. I know I really get
smoked when someone cuts down a tree that is on property I pay taxes on.

Blakely