Keith

Default traps in waterways

It's always expensive to run over a trap. I put a line cutter on my shaft so
hopefully it'll never happen to me. Has worked once... found a little piece
of PP line around the shaft, obviously cut free from something else.

In Texas we have a two week moratorium once a year to get rid of abandoned
traps. The first week only law enforcement and authorized people can remove
abandoned traps. The second week anyone can get them out of the water. They
even have stations set up all over to dispose of them. Sure is nice... we
remove thousands yearly.

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
I missed the beginning of this ... did you change the subject?

Why would someone think its illegal to put a trap in a channel? Is this

one of
those "it makes sense to me" laws? Here in New England moving someone's

Lobsta
Trap would qualify for a Darwin Award!

"Roy G. Biv" wrote in message
om...
I respectfully disagree,
if you move a trap the fisherman may not be able to find it- in a
nutshell you have stolen the trap and are a thief !

SAILORP wrote:
It is absolutely not a felony
to move a trap out of a navigable waterway.
However, you may need a license to keep the lobsters.

Sorry Pete-- pulling traps as you describe is a Felony -- viewed the
same as stealing money directly from someone bank account !

SAILORP wrote:
It is illegal to place lobster
traps in marked channels, canals and
navigable waterways. Feel free to to pull such the traps and take the
lobsters for yourself if some idiot has placed a trap where you're in
jeopardy of a prop wrap!.