Larry W4CSC

Default legal requirements for trailering 30' sailboat from U.S.->Canada ?

I think others have answered your question, but I have one for
you.....

Why not SAIL it to Nova Scotia? If your crew is inexperienced, it
isn't hard to find experienced crew who would love to sail to Nova
Scotia if the boat is in good condition and equipped properly.

Just curious. Sailboats belong at SEA.

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 23:17:47 -0500, Courtney Thomas
wrote:

Trailering a 30' sloop [9' beam, 5 1/2' draft, 7500# disp] from Florida
to Nova Scotia, what are the legal requirements to move said craft not
only from state to state en route, but also ultimately into Canada ?

I assume each state would be controlling while transiting that state,
but if so, what would be the simplest way to know what all the
intervening requirements therefore would be ?

Expediting recommendations would also be appreciated.

--
Courtney Thomas
s/v Mutiny

Larry W4CSC