Larry

Default Cruise Bahamas with the kids ??

Our experiences with our kids (a couple of years older than yours) on
3-4 week trips to the San Juans in the NW US were very good.

We used short sailing days, lots of beach time (Bahamas' warm water
should be even better). Some days they wanted to help sail, sometimes
they played in the cabin. Variety was the spice of life. Trips into
town for an icecream cone became extra special since they were living
without a freezer on the boat. They shared a vberth on the little
boat and had their own quarter berths on the big boat. Whichever, it
was their territory to play in and decorate.

I hope you have as much fun as we did.

Larry

wrote in message . ..
I am considering a charter in the Bahamas (Abacos) with The Moorings
in mid-April. My wife and I would be taking our 7yr old boy and 5yr
old girl. This would be our first sailing trip as an entire family,
so I want it to be a good experience that will hopefully lead to
future trips or a boat of our own someday (we are from N.C.). We are
considering about 4-5 days on the boat.

snip