Gfretwell

Default Boats docked on coastal waters question....

This way I don't
have
to worry about the boat coming out the roof of my lift and/or finding it
sitting on the pier.

But how would one do this with a 40'-50' boat kept in a year around slip at
a marina? This was the general inquisition of my original post.

If you think about it you will remember seeing pictures of big boats sitting up
on the road after any big storm. At a certain point you are simply left with
the option of trying to run from the storm or just tying up well and crossing
your fingers.
In a big boat (40' of more) running may be the best option but you need to act
early and guess right on the direction you run.
If I really expect the worst I will put my boat up on a trailer. Park it cross
ways in front of the garage door, park my truck in front of that and a car in
front of that.
My thinking is all of that metal will protect the boat and the garage door.
If not I imagine everything I own was a goner anyway.