Jere Lull

Default Folding Cabin table??

Steve wrote:

I've been living on my boat for over 6 mo months without a table in the
cabin.. Kinda gotten use to all that unobstructed area, but I'm tired of
eating at the chart table or on my lap. I promised myself I would build a
table over the winter.

Why not enjoy both worlds and have a table that can be folded up against the
fwd cabin bulkhead??

We love it!

In order to serve crew seated on either settee it would need to have a main
table section that is hinged on the fwd bulkhead and serving the stbd settee
and a folding longitudinal leaf for the port settee.

I don't care for a idle leaf to be hanging down from the table top so I was
thinking to leaf this leaf folded back against the bottom of the table, as
it would be when the whole table is folded up to the bulkhead.

I have seen some examples of this and they were complicated by a folding
leg. I was thinking of a pair of brass chains to the overhead..

You'll be trading the complication of a folding leg against having to
navigate around the chains as you serve, eat, clean up and such.

Our table (pics on Xan's pages below) hides the legs out of the way
nicely, the loose leaf clips to the leg and out of the way when not in
use, which makes things a bit more stable. It takes all of 5 seconds to
put up or down. (A bit more if we screw the leg into the floor.)

--
Jere Lull