Bob

Default BASIC Radio Question

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 03:35:45 GMT, (Steven
Shelikoff) wrote:

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:13:31 -0800, JJ wrote:

My vhf antenna is 62 ft off the water (top of mast) and I can reach 25
miles to another sailboat also with top of mast antenna in open ocean.

What you're actually "using" is the CG antenna ht and their repeater
network - not much dependent on your antenna ht as theirs.

It's a combination of both.

there are no CG repeaters in the NY/NJ area accessible to the public.
they are for CG and public safety use only.

But since their's is so much higher than
mine, it's the driving factor.

that's true. it's a function of the sum of the square root of the
combined heights of the tx and rx antennas.
to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field

check my blog at:
http://www.bobview.blogspot.com/