Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Another try, another fail

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 16:56:46 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
wrote:

After driving back home I think I realize what happened. Water SE of
this bar north of #26 is deeper shoaling quickly to nearly zero depth
just west of our track. This caused the swells to build to be very
high and very steep with little space between them. If we had been a
couple miles further east and had then gone about a couple miles south
of #26, we would probably have had reasonable conditions because this
would put us in deeper water.
At least I found how my boat handles in such weird conditions.
However, everything inside is a mess, even the porta-potti slid out in
the extreme corkscrewing. Too much adventure for one day.

You did well to come out unscathed.
Aren't local sailors aware of these conditions?
Seems a little homework with the local sailing clubs would have made
you aware of what you were getting into.
Just guessing on that though.

--Vic