Joe Joe is offline

Default Lookouts and big boats: ANother Crash

On Oct 22, 6:48*pm, Bob wrote:
On Oct 22, 7:32*am, Joe wrote:

On Oct 22, 7:43*am, Gogarty wrote:
Do you think the Goverment should dictate who goes to sea?
Joe

HELL YES ! Im damn glad the ABS, USCG, EPA are here telling us which
pice of **** OSV should go to the scrap yard.

We were talking private boats Bob, not commerical regulations and
inspections. If any boats meets safety standards and all applicable
laws they should be left alone IMO.

ANd at the recreational level HELL YES I think the CG should put up
CLOSED BAR sighn when only an igonorant person would attempt to go
out. Growing up on hte oregon coast ive seen countless sailboat
people, motor bpoat and charter boats fail at vessel controll.
Bob

So people should not have the option to try...right?

Thats sad you feel the need to have someone else tell you when and
what to do for your own good. So much for freedom of choice.

I'm glad Robin Graham did not have a bunch of dictators telling him
he should not go. I remember back in school nothing being cooler than
our teachers having us follow him. He was an inspiration to 1000's and
1000's of kids including me.

Joe