Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default Folding Cabin table??

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:02:52 -0800, "Steve" wrote:

My objective is to be able to rig or unrig the table with "a single motion"
without need to fumble with bits and pieces. I don't plan to have it down
unless there is a need for it yet the storage against the bulkhead should
also be neat and not look like an stored ironing board.. If I can work out a
neat leaf folding system I will become the face of a cabinet on the
bulkhead. I've seen one system like that but could never make out the hinge
details from the photos.

Yes. I love my open area but haven't been in open water yet.. I'm sure I
will want something to grab since the cabin trunk grab rails are at least 60
inches apart and the passage fwd/aft isn't down the middle..

I can't put full grab rails in the overhead because of head clearance. I may
just run a 1/2"X1 1/2" slat type just under the deck beams..

My wife and I chartered a Sabre 34 about 11 or 12 years ago that had a
bulkead mount table. I don't remember it looking too bad when up.

It did have a single leg that folded, but I don't remember if it
showed when the table was up.

It occurs to me that you could have a hinged leg that would be hidden
by the folded leaf, if the leaf folded under. Of course, if you fold
it under you will need a way to hold it unfolded.

If you had a leg on each half of the table, the undersides could be
routed out to hold them.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

"In this house we _obey_ the laws of thermodynamics." --Homer Simpson