posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Applying for a new hull ID (was: Registration questions)

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:33:23 -0400, bruce@not. wrote:

Thanks to all of you for your help on this! I called the GA DNR
and told them I have a notorised BOS, so the girl on the phone
began helping me continue with the registration process. Then we
got to the part where she asked me if it was an open boat, or a
cabin, or home made, etc... I told here that I had put a roof
over it and some windows so she put me on hold for a minute, then
came back and said since I did that I would have to apply for a
new hull ID. Can anyone tell me anything about that, and why even
though it's the same hull with the same ID stamped on it I would
have to apply for a new one?

You're giving them too much information.

Sounds like they are now going to treat it like a home made boat.