Tosk Tosk is offline

Default Delicious...

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 22:33:35 -0700, jps wrote:

These are bandaids for a seriously broken system. Tort reform could
help the situation but it's going to require it's own process.

Tort reform is a red herring. There are enough states that have passed
tort reform to get a good idea whether it will work or not. Medical
malpractice costs are too small a percentage, roughly 1-1 1/2%, to affect
health care costs dramatically. There have also been many studies that
note the tort reform savings do not "trickle down" to the consumer.

The fact is, there have been several great suggestions and dozens of
admendments/bills introduced that would provide bipartisan to the bill
and each and every one has been rejected out of hand. Obama clearly
promised sunshine on the process but so far all we have seen is Chris
Dodd's door in Washington and the democrats hiding behind it. Just like
Monday when Obama spent 2 1/2 hours with the MSM plotting an agenda.
More time by the way than he has spent with his commanders in
Afghanistan... I don't hate Obama, just want to see him take his finger
out of the wind and be a president.